Yay another Russian threat...

MontyB

All-Blacks Supporter

Just to be clear hasn't Russia just stationed missiles (I assume tactical) in Belarus so really this is just a response to actions Russia has already taken.

Just to be clear hasn't Russia just stationed missiles (I assume tactical) in Belarus so really this is just a response to actions Russia has already taken.
This is not just a military chess game between Americans and Russians, but a "New Great Game" involving many powerful nations worldwide.

This is not just a military chess game between Americans and Russians, but a "New Great Game" involving many powerful nations worldwide.
I don't doubt that, China is watching and waiting, Iran is trying to flex its muscles and if China makes a move, then I have no doubt North Korea will move at the same time.
For all of Russia's nonsense it will be China's actions that start WW3, right now it is largely contained primarily I suspect because:
1. Russia has made a laughingstock out of itself in Ukraine fighting against a fraction of the Wests defense budgets and no Western troops.
2. The US has not rushed to support Israel and consequently hasn't committed its Navy and Marine resources which China knows will be used to defend Taiwan.

I think these actions have made the Chinese stop and re-evaluate their plans which I think has prevented a much larger global conflict kicking off.

The question is for how long, if the Chinese economy is as shaky as people say then China will want to divert public attention from it and wars are great for that.
The problem is Trump, it is clear his solution is to give these authoritarians everything they want, unfortunately he is so self-absorbed he doesn't realise that they want everything.

Last edited:
Back