$1 billion in weapons expended fighting Houthis

Umm isn't that why we have defense budgets, in the grand scheme of things $1 billion to defend our interests is nothing it is what 1/850th of the US defense budget. Essentially I spend a greater percentage of my pay packet on coffee per day than the US spent testing weapons and procedures in the Gulf of Aden and Arabian sea.

To be honest I don't know why we are not bolstering the Yemeni government to help them deal with the Houthi.

Last edited:
Umm isn't that why we have defense budgets, in the grand scheme of things $1 billion to defend our interests is nothing it is what 1/850th of the US defense budget. Essentially I spend a greater percentage of my pay packet on coffee per day than the US spent testing weapons and procedures in the Gulf of Aden and Arabian sea.

To be honest I don't know why we are not bolstering the Yemeni government to help them deal with the Houthi.
Apparently the Yemini govt. ranks right up there with the one in Lebanon. The Ukrainians seem to have realized that there are cheaper ways of downing certain things than expensive options.

Apparently the Yemini govt. ranks right up there with the one in Lebanon. The Ukrainians seem to have realized that there are cheaper ways of downing certain things than expensive options.
While true I would still suggest that while the Houthi are devoting their time an resources toward ships in the Arabian sea now would be a good time for the Yemeni government to take advantage of their distraction.
A couple of points on Ukraine's cheaper methods of doing things is:
1. Ukraine won't sink if they miss.
2. There methods while mostly effective are not entirely effective.
Why would you risk multimillion dollar ship and its crew using an 80% effective weapon when you have a 99.99% effective one onboard.
The key to stopping Houthi missiles is not a few hundred metres from its target but rather at its source and I think we need to go after the source which includes Iranian production facilities.

Back