Could jailbreaking your Iphone land you in jail!!??

Donkey

Check this article out (it's short)
http://scitech.blogs.cnn.com/2009/02/18/could-jailbreaking-your-iphone-land-you-in-jail/

I really don't think apple should be allowed to go after anyone for hacking there phone. I mean come on now, talk about monopoly. Like many of the commenters said that is like buying a Ford and only being able to use ford gas, windshield washer fluid, wipers, service, etc.

Or buying a computer and only using the software provided with it (wait didn't Microsoft just get its pants sued off over this????) or say Dell came after you because you upgraded the RAM...

Apple is such a protective greedy corporation and I mean really like they are going to be able to stop it!!!

However I do agree if you hack it you void all warranty and they can right as any tricky updates as they want to make it impossible to hack. In the long run no matter what everything is hackable and always will be and someone is going to do it. That said why don't they find a way to embrace this and who knows possibly even make money off it....

Check this article out (it's short)
http://scitech.blogs.cnn.com/2009/02/18/could-jailbreaking-your-iphone-land-you-in-jail/

I really don't think apple should be allowed to go after anyone for hacking there phone. I mean come on now, talk about monopoly. Like many of the commenters said that is like buying a Ford and only being able to use ford gas, windshield washer fluid, wipers, service, etc.

Or buying a computer and only using the software provided with it (wait didn't Microsoft just get its pants sued off over this????) or say Dell came after you because you upgraded the RAM...

Apple is such a protective greedy corporation and I mean really like they are going to be able to stop it!!!

However I do agree if you hack it you void all warranty and they can right as any tricky updates as they want to make it impossible to hack. In the long run no matter what everything is hackable and always will be and someone is going to do it. That said why don't they find a way to embrace this and who knows possibly even make money off it....

I agree however the question I would have is why people would want to buy such a restrictive piece of equipment as any advantage they have will invariable be whittled away by competitors and if they allow non-standard applications they will simply take over market share.

Back